Tournament Dates: Sunday, August 4, 2013 to Friday, August 9, 2013
Location: The Ripken Experience - Maryland - 873 Long Drive,
Aberdeen MD 21001
Cost: $675 per person
Ripken Baseball introduces a new series of week-long tournaments in Aberdeen that brings high quality baseball together with a teambuilding experience!
The IronMan Week-Long Classic will raise the bar far above any ordinary tournament. Teams that select our full accommodations package will feel like pros, as players and coaches will be conveniently housed locally at a beautiful Holiday Inn Express. A meal package offers complimentary breakfast to all hotel guests along with two meal vouchers per participant to be used on The Ripken Experience complex at our concessions stands. Throughout the tournament week, your players will compete on life-like replicas of current major league parks, including Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, and more. They'll also enjoy fun teambuilding activities in the evenings. Every team will participate in at least one of our primary team entertainment events - visit M&T Bank Stadium, home of the NFL's Baltimore Ravens, for exclusive tours & on-field activities or a professional baseball game with the Aberdeen IronBirds, Class A Short Season Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles. Other secondary entertainment events include: a ticket to the Maryland Science Center, located in Baltimore's historic Inner Harbor or a pool party with catered barbeque to cool off after an exciting day of tournament baseball. The schedule and entertainment options are subject to change based on availability of venue's, weather, or tournament play. Additional details and final schedule of events will be made available prior to tournament. This all-inclusive week-long tournament package is $675 per player and per coach, with a minimum of 11 players and 2 coaches. The package includes lodging, entertainment, meals for players and coaches, and of course tournament baseball!
NON-ACCOMMODATIONS PACKAGE ALSO AVAILABLE!
When you register for this tournament at The Ripken Experience - Aberdeen, MD, we're happy to include lodging and team meals at the Holiday Inn Express within the value of your package.
But hey, if that option doesn't work for you or you'd like to try something different - we also offer a non-accommodations package at a discounted rate. You'll have the freedom to choose where your team stays from a long list of hotels in the greater Baltimore area - many of whom have partnered with us to offer special rates for Ripken Tournament teams. Please call us at 888-RIPKEN1 (888-747-5361) to register your team, and be sure to ask about our $495 non-accommodations package!
- Teams play a minimum of 6 games with an opportunity to play up to 8 games.
- Teams stay at the Holiday Inn Express.
- Meal package for each team featuring complimentary breakfast and two meal vouchers to use right at The Ripken Experience concessions stands (Accommodations Package only).
- Three planned entertainment activities. One of our primary team entertainment events - visit M&T Bank Stadium, home of the NFL's Baltimore Ravens, for exclusive tours & on-field activities or a professional baseball game with the Aberdeen IronBirds, Short Season Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles. Other secondary entertainment events include: a ticket to the Maryland Science Center, located in Baltimore's historic Inner Harbor or a pool party with catered barbeque to cool off after an exciting day of tournament baseball. The schedule and entertainment options are subject to change based on availability of venue's, weather, or tournament play. Additional details and final schedule of events will be made available prior to tournament.
- Check-in, opening ceremonies & festivities and skills competitions on Sunday.
- 5 scheduled pool play games Monday through Wednesday.
- 2 separate single elimination brackets starting on Thursday morning - Championship Bracket and Great 8 Bracket (subject to change based on total number of teams).
- Semi-Finals and Championship (both brackets) on Friday; Special gifts for all players and coaches; Individual and team awards.
Teams will have the opportunity to play at least two games at either Ripken Stadium or at the brand new Yankee Field replica on The Ripken Experience grounds. Ripken Stadium - home to the Baltimore Orioles Single-A affiliate Aberdeen IronBirds, is a state of the art minor league stadium that is second to none. Our Yankee Field is a full scale replica of Old Yankee Stadium, constructed with AstroTurf - a synthetic playing surface used to maintain consistent play, cut down on rain outs, and reduces the risk of injuries. Teams will also play games at off-site area satellite complexes.
Games for the tournament will be played at the The Ripken Experience - Aberdeen, MD, Ripken Stadium or within a short drive from the complex.
Preparing for the Tournament
Upon registration, each team will be paired up with a Team Coordinator. This individual will assist you every step of the way - from making payment and submitting the necessary forms, to arranging hotel set up in our accommodations package.
Items Required Prior to the Tournament:
- Official Online Roster Form
- Team Insurance Certificate
- Birth Certificates (copies via fax or email)
- Team Waiver Form - Ensure that each parent signs the form before sending it back to us
- Coaches' Code of Conduct - Each coach must sign and return in order to be allowed to be on the field
- Digital Team Photo - Jpeg format with the team name as the file name
For more information, please contact Ripken Baseball at 888-RIPKEN1 or submit an online inquiry through this website.